A couple of months ago I had an idea for a fun monthly blogging challenge for secular bloggers. It’s been a little slow in getting started because I wavered a bit between doing a blog hop and offering a monthly challenge, whether this would be a shared responsibility or something I would take total accountability for. Minding the house, homeschooling, and traveling each took its toll. After mulling it over I decided to do something that offers purpose and motivation from both of those ideas… while giving it the flexibility to evolve in the future.
So today we are finally ready to launch the Monthly Blog Hop!
GUIDELINES FOR THE HOP:
- Please either include the SEA Homeschool button (found at the bottom of the guidelines) or a link back to Blog Hop Post.
- Each month you can link up to 3 posts from your blog. Make sure you use the exact URL to the post.
- If there is a theme for the month, it will be announced by the first of each month. See the planned themes in our Facebook Group: SEA Homeschooling Bloggers.
- The linky for the Blog Hop will go live the 1st day of each month and will close the last day of each month.
- This is a secular blog hop. We are all inclusive and therefore people of all faiths can participate! However as a SEA Homeschoolers Affiliate, we have clear guidelines about what is secular. Please review SEA’s definitions to make sure this blog hop is suited for you!
- Unrelated linkups will be removed.
- Sponsored product reviews or Affiliated marketing posts are only accepted if they are related to the monthly homeschool theme AND they are clearly marked as “sponsored” or marketed content.
This blog hop is an official affiliate of Secular, Eclectic, Academic Homeschoolers. Feel free to use this graphic in your posts when participating in the Blog Hop!
Before we start I would like to remind you that the SEA motto is;
What better way to show that then through our blogs?
With that one sentence it sums up how we should uphold one another, avoid behavior that tears down or glorifies one person or resource over another, and reminds us the value of respecting where each of us are in our homeschooling journey!
I stand behind that motto and I hope it resonates deeply with you as it does with me!
If you are still standing on the fence about restarting your blog or becoming more active in the blogging community, here are a few things you should consider!
1. Why is a blog hop good for your blog?
2. Why is a blog hop good for your readers?
3. Why is a blog hop good for YOU?
These three things make up what I like to refer to as the Cycle of the Blogging Life. It’s a worthwhile adventure and I invite you to be a part of it!
Along with the Monthly themed Blog Hop, at some point I would like to have a weekly blogging challenge for group members! Mainly the focus will be on helping those who want to blog more consistently but need a little encouragement or perhaps direction. However if you are already an avid blogger, feel free to chime in with your thoughts and experiences! Take a moment to connect with other bloggers directly in our Facebook Group: SEA Homeschooling Bloggers.
When we participate-we give our online homeschooling community value.